Monday 14 December 2015

those who inspire





D.U.R.A the mineral kingdom
Whilst doing some secondary research for my project for fiat, I discovered some wonderful artists that use minerals for inspiration. D.U.R.A is a contemporary abstract artist  who uses a mix media to create unusual and innovative takes on nature, I find the way they freely portray objects is very charismatic. Exaggerated bold colours creates a contrast in form, whilst highlighting the specific detail. another artist is Paul Juno who is extremely inspiring, he is a surrealist painter that mainly uses oil based paints however his agate paintings are brilliant. I admire his passion for the colour theory as his tones exceed to compliment each other in a corresponding and innovative way. These artists have really helped me to develop my work and look at minerals in a different way, I will hopefully be able to demonstrate a unique perspective in using a rang of styles to reinvent my inspiration. 




Paul_Juno_foliage1488a.jpg
Paul juno Agate paintings


x

No comments:

Post a Comment