Monday 14 December 2015

Techniques

Marbled effect
I have been using a variety of techniques to create marbling and mineral style textures and surfaces. I 
have been experimenting in tie dying, discharge printing and mix media on different surfaces. One technique I learnt was from a 6 year old girl showing me her artistic skills, by watering down acrylic and blowing with a straw. however I finalised this by using water down screen print paste, a straw and a pencil to create a beautiful marble effect thats quick and easy! 

I have also been trying to re create crystals in texture and in different types of materials. I found heat manipulation was the most effective. By using PVC, iridescent glitter and foils I can create warped textures. By heat pressing synthetic based materials together you can create interesting patterns and distorted imagery.


I have also been experimenting with tie dye and mixing colours to achieve interesting  patterns and shapes. by using procion dyes to create pinks, teals and greens I can adapt colour through tie dying and double dying where I can mix an change the hues.To get maximum results I left the fabric in the lighter solution for longer (for example the pink) and then created a shallow bed in the darker dye to rest the material on top, allowing a little bit at the top to conceal its colour. 


No comments:

Post a Comment